Thought Bubble 2021 is here!
One of the things that fans have missed the most over the last couple of years is conventions and festivals. Covid 19 really took its toll on all forms of live entertainment, and many may still be anxious about returning to large venues, and places where crowds gather. Thankfully, the rapid rollout of the Covid vaccine has meant that events like the New York Comic Convention have been able to go ahead in the U.S., and now the U.K.’s mightiest, and truest comics art event, Thought Bubble, is returning… with a bang!
The list of comics talents attending this year is simply stellar, and it looks like the fans who wanted to go last year but couldn’t are going to be very well rewarded for their patience.
THOUGHT BUBBLE FESTIVAL SHARES FULL PROGRAMME
UK’S LARGEST COMIC ART FESTIVAL RETURNS
FOR FIRST EVENT SINCE 2019
THOUGHT BUBBLE COMIC CONVENTION
HARROGATE CONVENTION CENTRE
13th – 14th NOVEMBER 2021
Thought Bubble, the UK’s largest comic art festival, has shared the full lineup and schedule for this year’s festival and convention.
Following a move to a digital event in 2020, Thought Bubble will return for a physical event on 13th-14th November – their first since November 2019.
Here are just a few of the incredible creators attending this year’s event:*
- James Tynion IV – Batman, Detective Comics, Justice League Dark, The Nice House On The Lake, Something Is Killing The Children, Department Of Truth
- Álvaro Martínez Bueno – Batman Eternal, Detective Comics, The Nice House On The Lake
- Ram V – Justice League Dark, These Savage Shores, Catwoman, The Swamp Thing
- Cecil Castellucci – Batgirl, Plain Janes
- Becky Cloonan – Batgirls, Wonder Woman, By Chance or Providence
- Michael Conrad – Wonder Woman, Batgirls, Unlucky
- Jock – Batman: One Dark Knight, The Batman Who Laughs, Green Arrow: Year One, Batman: The Black Mirror
- Richard Starkings – Batman: The Killing Joke, Batman: The Long Halloween, Batman: Dark Victory
- Joëlle Jones – Wonder Girl, Catwoman
- Paul Cornell – Batman & Robin, Batman: Knight and Squire
- Tomeu Morey – Heroes In Crisis, Batman, Batman/Catwoman
- Charlie Adlard – The Walking Dead
The History of Thought Bubble
Thought Bubble started life in November 2007 as a one-day event, created by renowned comic artist Tula Lotay (aka Lisa Wood), which took place in the basement of Leeds Town Hall. The following year the convention grew, and then grew again and again.
From the very beginning Thought Bubble’s ethos has been to celebrate comics and the people who make them. This concentration on comics themselves makes Thought Bubble a unique kind of festival, especially loved by comic creators themselves! This leads to a consistently high calibre of talent at our annual comic convention.
Since our humble beginnings, Thought Bubble has gone from strength to strength, with an unparalleled reputation and a growth built primarily on word of mouth and a deep love of comics and the people who make them. Now the event has grown to a huge week-long festival and attracts thousands of attendees and guests from around the world.
Tickets for Thought Bubble Comic Convention are on sale now with tickets for under 12s, carers and over 65s totally free. Tickets give access to all events within the comic convention; panels, workshops, guest signings, as well as the three huge halls of comic creating exhibitors, publishers and more.
For the full programme, guests and events please visit the Thought Bubble website.
*Guest appearances are subject to their professional availability and may change.
Press Release and Art Courtesy of Thought Bubble and Hanglands. Photos by Andrew Benge.