Article by Steve J. Ray
Hot on the heels of the #1 bestseller debut of the DC Black Label collected edition of Sean Murphy’s Batman: White Knight, the publisher has announced that a cavalcade of comic-book classics will be added to their mature imprint. Trust me that when I say classics I mean classics! The list of titles being reprinted include some of the most critically acclaimed and ground-breaking stories DC have ever published, including many of the most legendary Batman tales, by some of the industry’s finest talents!
DC BLACK LABEL EXPANDS 2019 SLATE ADDING ‘WATCHMEN’, ‘THE KILLING JOKE’
AND OTHER CLASSIC TALES TO ITS ROSTER
DC announced today that some of its most legendary stories will now be a part of the DC Black Label imprint. The recently launched publishing line, dedicated to giving premier writers and artists the ability to tell unique, standalone stories set outside DC continuity, will release several iconic comic book collections featuring the most famous DC heroes from the archives beginning this December through the end of 2019.
“The DC Black Label line will house the best and most evergreen stories from DC,” says DC Publisher Dan DiDio. “The company has a long history that includes some of the most recognizable and renowned storytelling in comics and we want to honor that history by putting them under one banner.”
The quintessential tales that first inspired the creation of the line include complex and emotionally engaging narratives with stunning visual storytelling from some of the greatest creators in the industry. The list of reprinted collections and their release dates through 2019 can be found below:
· ALL-STAR SUPERMAN—Grant Morrison & Frank Quitely—available 12/04/2018
· DC: THE NEW FRONTIER—Darwyn Cooke—available 2/19/2019
· WATCHMEN (HC w/new slipcase)—Alan Moore & Dave Gibbons—available 3/26/2019
· KINGDOM COME—Mark Waid & Alex Ross—available 4/23/2019
· ALL-STAR BATMAN & ROBIN, THE BOY WONDER VOL. 1—Miller & Jim Lee—available 6/11/2019
· BATMAN: YEAR ONE—Miller & David Mazzucchelli—available 6/11/2019
· BATMAN: THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS—Miller & Klaus Janson—available 6/18/2019
· BATMAN: THE DARK KNIGHT STRIKES AGAIN—Miller—available 6/18/2019
· BATMAN: THE DARK KNIGHT: THE MASTER RACE—Miller & Brian Azzarello & Andy Kubert & Janson—available 6/25/2019
· LUTHOR 10TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION and THE JOKER 10TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION —Azzarello & Lee Bermejo—available 7/09/2019
· BATMAN: ARKHAM ASYLUM—Morrison & Dave McKean—available 8/13/2019
· THE JOKER: DELUXE EDITION—Azzarello & Bermejo—available 9/10/2019
· BATMAN: THE KILLING JOKE—Moore & Brian Bolland—available 9/17/2019
· WATCHMEN (TP)—Moore & Gibbons—available 9/24/2019
· BATMAN: YEAR 100—Paul Pope—available 10/08/2019
· SUPERMAN: RED SON—Mark Millar & Dave Johnson & Andrew Robinson & Killian Plunkett & Walden Wong—available 10/22/2019
· BATMAN: THE LONG HALLOWEEN—Jeph Loeb & Tim Sale—11/05/2019
· BLACK ORCHID—Neil Gaiman & McKean—11/12/2019
· BATMAN: DARK VICTORY—Loeb & Sale—11/26/2019
· BATMAN: HAUNTED KNIGHT—Loeb & Sale—12/17/2019
· CATWOMAN: WHEN IN ROME—Loeb & Sale—12/31/2019
These collected editions are in addition to new original content that was previously announced. To see more of what’s to come from DC Black Label, check out DCComics.com.
Are you as excited about seeing all these vintage masterpieces re-issued with shiny new covers? I’m so happy that a whole new audience will get to read these treasures for the first time.
(This article was originally published on the Dark Knight News website on November 9th 2018)
Post a Comment