A Very Long List of LGBTQIA+ Books - Part 2
Review by Fay Clark
Welcome back to my very long list of LGBTQIA+ books, and here we are with part two. If you haven't seen all the books from part one I would suggest a quick read.
There are some absolutely amazing books in both lists. Let's hope I can find something that tickles your fancy.
We're going to continue with the whole "I'll do this in ten words" synopses again, because I think that worked quite well last time. Plus it makes it easier for you guys to see if you want to look into it more from the description I give. Let's get going!
- Lumberjanes by Noelle Stevenson (All Volumes) - Summer camp with queer girls, mystical beings and adventure.
- Aurora Rising by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff - Queer Aliens in a space squad versus their government.
- The Seafarer's Kiss by Julia Ember - A Mermaid and a Viking in a re-imagined North Myth.
- The Long Way to a Small Angry Planet by Becky Chambers - Found family trope with queer sprinkled in, or Space Opera.
- The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller - A Gay retelling of the Greek Myth of Achillies.
- The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay by Michael Chabon - Some Jewish Comic Book creators learn how to live.
- Everything Leads to You by Nina LaCour - Lesbian Hollywood mystery set around a film set.
- The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reed - 20's Hollywood star recounts her life and loves, surprise gay.
- Dream Daddy by Leighton Gray/Vernon Shaw(All Volumes) - Daddy dating within a pastel cul-de-sac. Lots of gay Dads.
- The Foxhole Court by Nora Sakavic (All Books) - Gritty gay sports series, lots of drama, lots of sport.
- Love Beyond Body, Space and Time by Hope Nicholson - An Indigenous look at the LGBTQIA+ world in short stories.
- The Miseducation of Cameron Post by Emily M. Danforth - Girl sent to correction camp after getting caught being homosexual.
- My Lady's Lover by Nicola Davidson - Lady in waiting seduces Lady of the House, very steamy.
- Pumpkinheads by Rainbow Rowell - Adorable Autumn themed jaunt, some gay characters and some pumpkins.
- Fence by C.S. Pacat (All Volumes) - Queer Fencing group, lots of drama and great art style.
- The Gilded Wolves by Roshani Chokshi - Queer mystery book set in France with some weird outcomes.
- The Poet X by Elizabeth Acevedo - Everything is written in verse, some harsh truths and gay.
- Queens of Geek by Jen Wilde - Two love stories at comic con, one story is gay.
- Heavy Vinyl by Carly Usdin - Vinyl shop confirmed front for Vigilante girl group, with lesbians.
- Giant Days by John Allison (All Volumes) - British University life. Three girls, one of them is gay.
- Running with Lions by Julian Winters - Only LGBTQIA+ inclusive football team in the country. Adorable romance.
- An Unkindness of Ghosts by Rivers Soloman - Alien space mystery. Evolved above genders. Great LGBTQAI+ representation.
- Once & Future by Amy Rose Capetta/Cori McCarthy - Gender bended King Arthur re-telling in space. Lots of gay.
- The Avant-Guards by Carly Usdin(All Volumes) - Basketball all girls team with lots of lesbians and competitiveness.
- Red, White & Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston - First Son of America dislikes Price of Wales, but gay.
- Princess Princess Ever After by Katie O'Neill - The Princess needs rescuing but the Prince is a girl?
- The Tea Dragon Society by Katie O'Neill - The cutest dragons based on tea ever! Also with queer.
- The Love Interest by Kale Dietrich - Two Male spies fighting for life and love, but gay.
- Her Royal Highness by Rachel Hawkins - Princess of Scotland goes to boarding school and finds lesbians.
- These Witches Don't Burn by Isabel Sterling - Lesbian Witches and magic with mystery bad guy plot.
- Marriage of Unconvenience by Chelsea M. Cameron - Two girl friends get married to get inheritance, feelings emerge.
- My Brother's Husband by Gengoroh Tagame (All Volumes) - Japanese man discovers his dead brother is gay and married.
- The Prince and the Dressmaker by Jen Wang - Dressmaker is looking for fame, Prince is looking for dresses.
- Heartstopper by Alice Oseman (All Volumes) - Two cute boys become friends, but maybe more...
- Sawkill Girls by Claire Lagrand - Demons on an island with Lesbians and mystery.
- The Hitman's Guide to Making Friends and Finding Love by Alice Winters - A cop and a hitman cross paths, and find love?
There you have it. The second in a long list of queer books. This is becoming a mammoth task. Every time I think I'm done, I find more Gay books. It's awesome. Not only am I helping you all find books, I'm helping myself!
I hope you've found some gay books you'd like to read from this list. If not, worry not. I have one more list to come!
For now though, Book Queen Out!